Ohayou gozaimasu! Mabuhay!
As some of you may know, I went overseas recently on a 9.1.1. trip to see my grandparents. Thankfully, my grandma seemed to have recovered somewhat, but now my grandfather is the one in ICU. Prayers for them would be greatly appreciated.
While there, I was able to sight-see a bit, as well as do some shopping, and gain a good 10 pounds. I spent a lot of time with my families there, and created a lot of new happy memories. Hopefully I’ll be able to make more with them again soon in the future.
So let’s get into the whole reason for this post. My travel makeup must-have’s – what exactly are they? Basically, if my house caught on fire and I had a chance to save an arms-full of makeup, this is exactly what I’d grab. I used all of these over the last 17 days that I was either in a plane, in Japan, or in Philippines for all occasions. I’ve numbered the photo to make this easier for both you and I.
- Folding hairbrush courtesy of Narita Excel Tokyu Hotel; this is super important because you could have the prettiest face, but if your hair is a giant knotted mess, it’s not cute.
- Kokuryu cake foundation in Olive Rose; this is my holy-grail foundation that I’ve been using since day one, it’s sheer, comes off as matte, and super easy to use.
- Covergirl eyeshadow in Brown Smoulder; holy-grail eyebrow powder.
- Glamoflage concealer in Medium; I use this for all my blemishes or areas with a lot of reddness.
- Glamoflage concealer in Ultra Light; I use this as a highlighting base.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in 25; When I want my brows to look really sharp/crisp then I use this under my eyebrow powder.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer; I use this to contour my nose, and if I want a natural looking contour on my cheeks, I’ll use this.
- Coola Mineral Sunscreen – Tinted Moisturizer; Received this in a Glam Bag. I used this in replace of my Kokuryu cake foundation whenever my face felt drier than usual.
- Nars Bronzer in Laguna; When I want a dramatic or darker contour on my cheeks, I’ll opt for this.
- Aquafina Lip Balm; It’s cooling effect works well for chapped lips, especially when the air in the plane is super drying.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand; I use this for all-over face powder.
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- Real Techniques Blush brush
- Real Techniques Contour brush
- Real Techniques Accent brush
- Essence Angled brush; I use this with my MUFE aquabrow.
- NYX Angled brush; I use this with my MAC fluidline.
- Random Angled brush; I use this for my eyebrow powder.
- Coastal Scents BR-C-N02 brush; I use this to contour my nose.
- Sephora (Waterproof) Brow Pencil; For more natural-looking brows, I’ll use this.
- Urban Decay’s Naked Basics Palette
- MAC Liquidlast Eyeliner in Point Black
- Nars Blush in Orgasm
- Dual-ended Sponge Tip Applicator
- ELF Flat-top Kabuki brush
- Shu Uemura Eyelash curler
- ELF Blending brush
- Nars Highlight in Albatross; I use this powder over my Glamoflage (Ultra Light).